I have a love/hate relationship with Valentine’s Day.
I love the colors. I love the sweets.
I have fond memories as a child giving and receiving valentine’s.
As a teenager, I hated it.
If you had a boyfriend or a secret admirer,
you received a rose during one of your classes.
A total bummer if you weren’t a “popular” girl.
As an adult, I’ve told my husband,
“Do NOT bring me flowers on a day that the calendar says to bring me flowers.”
I usually get them the day AFTER Valentine’s Day :-).
Here are some goodies that would be great to whip up for your little valentine or
your BIG Valentine on Valentine’s Day
in our case,
the day after.
1. Valentine’s Chocolate Chip Cookies from Itsy Bitsy Paper Blog
2. Valentine’s Marshmallows On a Stick from Apple Valley Girl
3. Valentine’s Brown Sugar Blondies from Baked Perfection
4. Valentine’s Dipped Rice Krispie Hearts from Cooking On the Side
5. Valentine’s Pretzel Buttons from Griffith’s Rated
6. Valentine’s Chocolate Dipped Oreos from Your Home Based Mom
7. Strawberry Valentine’s Chex Mix from Butter With A Side Of Bread