Whew! I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday. Where did the week go?
I have been diligently working on Baby Giada’s nursery. It is looking so darn cute I can hardly stand it!
The curtains are done…
Annie (Giada’s Mom) originally wanted to go with white curtains, gold/brown velvet monogram and instead of scallops, the valance was going to have “points”. You can see Annie’s inspiration here. Instead, we went with this raspberry floral fabric that I found at Home Fabrics. We used a sheer material for the curtains.
The “G” is made from a dark brown velvet. I used my Silhouette, downloaded the “Curly” font and cut that baby right out! It was so easy! I spent more time (2 hours) looking for the perfect font. I wanted something that was feminine and cutsie! I ♥ this font.
Now, I wish that I could take credit for making these curtains, but I can’t!
My dear friend, Denise, made them.
Whipped them out in 1 night…just like that!
Denise ironing valances.
She is amazing!
Thank you Denise!
We put the valance up first and I worked at pinning the “G” on.
Once I got it centered, we took the valance back down and ironed it on.
The next hurdle is sanding, priming (I’m not using Annie Sloan Paint) and painting Giada’s dresser.
Giada is due to arrive into this big world mid-May.
We still have frames and a toy chest to paint and chevron frames to make.
I’ll be sharing as I finish the projects!
Have a great day!!
I’m partying this week with these awesome blogs: