This is a delicious recipe that I made a few weeks ago.
Vegetarian and low fat.
Only 5 Weight Watcher points!
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Begin by preparing eggplant:
2 medium eggplants
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Slice 2 medium uncooked eggplants (tops and bottoms removed) lengthwise into four 1/4 inch thick, long slices
3. Lay eggplant in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and lightly coat tops with cooking spray.
4. Bake, flipping once, until golden brown, about 10 minutes per side. Remove from oven and set aside.
1 Tblsp olive oil
2 cloves sliced garlic (large – about 2 Tbsp)
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
2 Tbsp basil, fresh and torn
1. Place oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add sliced garlic; saute’ until it begins to brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, stir to combine and reduce heat to low.
4. Add torn basil, stir to combine and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Cover, remove from heat and set aside.
1/4 cup minced onion
1 small uncooked zucchini, diced
1 clove crushed garlic (large – about 1 Tbsp)
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
2 Tbsp basil, fresh, chopped
3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 large egg
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and zucchini; saute’ until onion starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chopped garlic and cook 1 minute more; spoon onion mixture into a small bowl to cool.
4. In another small bowl, combine ricotta, parsley, chopped basil, and 2 Tblsp of Parmesan; stir to combine.
5. Add cooled onion mixture; stir to combine.
6. Add egg, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
1. To make rollatini, reduce oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spoon 3 Tblsp of sauce in bottom of an 8 x 8 inch glass or nonstick metal baking dish and swirl to coat bottom with sauce.
3. On a clean cutting board, place 1 slice of eggplant. Place 2 Tblsp of filling at the narrow end of the eggplant and roll up; place in prepared baking dish, seam side-down.
4. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices; arrange in a single layer in dish.
5. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup of sauce and remaining Tblsp of Parmesan over eggplant.
6. Bake until sauce bubbles, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Yields 2 pieces of rollatini per serving.
5 WW Points per serving